trouble-shooting bible audio in chrome os
In order to run bible audio in Chrome OS, you may need to update the text-to-speech engine. Some devices ship with old text-to-speech engine, which may not work well with our app. The issue could be fixed simply by updating the text-to-speech engine of your chrome device(s).
Try the following steps:
- Open "Play Store" app in your Chrome device.
- Select from navigation drawer "My apps & games".
- Select tab "Updates".
- Touch button "Update" right next to item "Google Text-to-Speech".
The following screenshot shows that updating "Google Text-to-Speech" engine is in progress.
Check if bible audio feature works or not after updating the engine.
If bible audio doesn't work even after updating "Google Text-to-Speech" engine, try:
- Go to "Settings".
- Select "Google Play Store".
- Select "Manage Android preferences".
4. Select "Accessibility"
5. Select "Text-to-speech output"
6. Select the button to open "Setting", located right next to "Google Text-to-speech Engine", as in the following screenshots.
7. In "Settings", as in the following screenshots, select "Install voice data"
8. Select the language, which you may find an issue with bible audio feature with our app. In the following example, we selected "Greek".
9. Install the voice for the chosen language.
10. If voice data have already been installed but bible audio feature doesn't work, it may be possible the voice data is an old one. Try delete the installed one then install a new one.